A guide for COVID-19 Preparedness for Guests and CREW
COVID – 19 Health and Safety Information for Club Getaway
Club Getaway has updated new protocols to protect the health and safety of our guest and staff members. These actions have been developed with guidance from the state and local board of health, American Camping Association, Connecticut Lodging Association, Alliance Challenge Course Organization and a private medical advisory firm. Based on all of this input we have developed The Club Getaway Safe Playbook.
These guidelines are intended for all Club Getaway directors, crew, and guests. Opening Club Getaway requires all of us to move forward by practicing social distancing and incorporating habits listed in this Safe Playbook. This plan will focuses on personal hygiene, cleaning, and disinfecting of common areas and guest spaces such as cabins, dining, activities, and restrooms.
- Initial screening of all guests and employees
- Daily employee temperature checks, health screening, and monitoring
- Workplace distancing and hygiene protocols
- Mandatory use of masks and other necessary PPE by all staff
- Signage regarding COVID-19 from State, CDC, and WHO
- Thorough and frequent cleaning of workplaces, restrooms, common areas, and vehicles
- Hydrogen peroxide mix will be used for cleaning, as recommended by the CDC
- An adequate and continuous stockpile of necessary PPE and sanitizing supplies
We have found that a model policy for COVID-19 Safe Space for guests includes the following elements.
- Health screening and questionnaire on arrival
- Overnight stays will have private cabins, each party or individual will be allocated a cabin with private bathroom - no strangers will be grouped together. We will be offering Cabin Shares with proof of vaccination.
- Signage regarding COVID-19 from State, CDC, and WHO
- Thorough and frequent cleaning of shared spaces, activity areas, and equipment to protect each guest
- Hydrogen peroxide mix will be used for cleaning, as recommended by the CDC.
- 200 hand sanitizing stations around camp containing at least 70% alcohol-based sanitizer.
These protocols have been reviewed and approved by our medical team. Together, and with your support, we can make Club Getaway a safe workplace and a safe place for all of our guests.
All Guests at Club Getaway will be required to present ONE of the following
1. Proof of vaccination
2. A negative Covid test taken within 5 days
3. Take a rapid test upon arrival at Club Getaway
HEALTH SCREENING (See Appendage A)
A waiver and questionnaire will be filled out by each crew member and guest on arrival; this will include but not be limited to the following questions:
- Have you had a positive COVID test in the previous 2 weeks?
- Have you recently had a fever above 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
- Have you recently had a cough?
- Have you recently had a nausea/diarrhea reduced smell or taste?
- Have you recently had a fatigue?
- Have you recently had a aching body/muscle pain?
- In the past 2 weeks have your been exposed to anyone who has Covid-19?
Face masks/screens/gloves will be used by all Club Getaway directors and crew when interacting with guests closer than six feet. The kitchen and cleaning crews will always be wearing a mask and gloves while working.
According to CDC guidelines, if a guest is not vaccinated, for their own protection, we ask that they wear a mask when indoors.
Are you staying overnight? Family/friend groups and individuals will each have private cabins with bathrooms; due to COVID-19, we will not be organizing cabin-mate shares.
Posters and signage from the state department, CDC, and WHO will be placed around camp, reminding directors, crew and guests about social distancing, handwashing, face-coverings, cough etiquette, and general reminders about stopping the spread of the disease.
Disinfecting and sanitation of Club Getaway is paramount to our success this summer. We will have hourly cleaning for certain high-touch or high-traffic areas, such as door knobs, railings, public bathrooms, activity areas & equipment. We will be using a hydrogen peroxide mix, which is recommended to us from the CDC. We will disinfect and sanitize the entire property each night; this will include buildings, floors, vehicles, bathrooms, changing facilities, and all activities and equipment used that day.
HAND SANITIZING STATIONS
Club Getaway will have over 200 hand sanitizer stations strategically placed around the camp property. These units will include a 70 % Alcohol-based sanitizer solution and will be checked by crew on an hourly basis and refilled and sanitized routinely.
ACTIVITY AREAS AND EQUIPMENT
All activity areas and equipment are sanitized twice daily; for example, if you are here for the ropes/adventure course, you will be handed a sanitized and clean harness and helmet, this equipment will be yours for the rest of the day. We will then clean and sanitize the equipment overnight for the next day. Any sports equipment such as archery equipment, basketballs, tennis racquets and soccer balls used by a guest will be sanitized by staff before each use.
We have improved our ventilation in the dining rooms, and put up over 10,000 square feet of Tent space. There will be continuous ventilation inside the tent, and we will have the filters from the ventilation units disinfected and sanitized twice daily.